Gas smell contains harmful chemicals that can cause severe damages on your skin if not cleaned early enough, and the gases include; gasoline. Also, the gas smell can cause blood diseases such as anemia which can be costly. Getting rid of the strong smell from the hands requires strong detergents such as vanilla recommended by the manufacturer.
Several ways show how to remove smelling gas from the hands, especially natural remedies such as coconut oil and vegetable oil. Luckily, the information below describes how to get rid of the smelling gas from the hands without causing severe effects on your hands and other body parts in contact with the gas.
Ways of removing gas smell off the hands
The following methods describe how to remove smelling gas from the hands using recommended agents such as vanilla extract.
1. Using washing detergent
Most people prefer using dishwashing detergents because of their beautiful smell. The dishwashing detergents include; Boraxo, dawn, etc. since the detergents contain an attractive scent, they quickly break down the gas smell leaving the hands smelling nice. Follow the steps below to clean the hands using a washing detergent of your choice.
- Pick the best washing detergent of your choice, such as dawn or Boraxo. Ensure you use mid-aggressive detergent to protect your hands from any damages.
- Bring the recommended amount of water suitable for the whole cleaning process.
- Place a few drops of the dishwashing detergent on the hands evenly.
- Squeeze the hands while massaging them until the whole hands are covered with the washing detergent. If the washing detergent drops a few, you may add and continue rubbing the hands while interlocking the fingers.
- Wash the hands using recommended soap and water to remove the washing detergent.
- Rinse the hands using clean water to remove soap and the gas smell. Check to see if the gas smell is eliminated.
- If the gas smell persists, consider repeating the cleaning process up to four times to eliminate the odour. While repeating the process, ensure you rinse the hands each season before replying the liquid again on the hands.
2. Using baking soda
To use baking soda, first create a cleaning paste. To make the cleaning paste, follow the steps below.
- Buy baking soda and water in the recommended amount.
- Pour water in a container and one baking soap in different containers.
- Using the recommended ratio, which is 1:3, mix the baking soda and water to obtain the best cleaning paste.
- Pour a little paste on your hands and massage the hands gently to distribute the paste evenly after making the paste. Rub it gently on the hands and ensure the whole hands are covered.
- Clean the hands after some time using a friendly soap. Massage the hands until the smelling gas is eliminated.
- Rinse the hands using clean water to ensure all cleaning paste is removed.
- If the smell persists, repeat the cleaning process until the gas smell is eliminated.
- Dry the hands and apply an ointment that suits your preference to prevent the hands from drying and the skin from cracking.
3. Vanilla extract mixed with water
Vanilla extract usually has a strong scent that can quickly break down the smelly gas on the hands, including other body parts with the smell. The steps below describe how to make a vanilla extract mixture using vanilla and water.
- Obtain materials required, such as vanilla extract and recommended amount of water.
- Pour water into the cup in the recommended amount. Avoid overflowing the cup to prevent over diluting the vanilla extract.
- Place a few drops of the extract in the cup containing water. Ensure you use the recommended vanilla extract amount. Use only a few drops to get the best mixture for your hands.
- Wash the hands using a vanilla extract mixture and a non-abrasive soap. Wash gently and repeat the process (iv) until the hands are clean and the gas smell has been eliminated.
- If the smell persists, repeat the cleaning process several times or consider using another cleaning agent.
4. Using natural remedies
There are several natural ingredients to use when eliminating the smelling gas, and they include; coconut oil, sugar, vegetable oil, among others. Natural skin-sensitive remedies are the best in getting rid of the gas smell, mainly for allergic individuals. The natural skin sensitive remedies include the following;
1. A mixture of sugar and vegetable oil
Vegetable oil must be used together with sugar which functions as a mild abrasive detergent. First, to make a mixture of vegetable oil and sugar, obtain both ingredients and place sugar in the recommended amount of vegetable oil.
Mix the ingredients until sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture on the hands and massage the hands gently. Leave the mixture to sit on the hands for a couple of seconds, approximately 30 to 45 seconds. Using non-abrasive soap, wash the hands, rinse them off with clean water, and see if the smell is eliminated. You may also consider repeating the process above to ensure all gas smell has been eliminated.
2. Acidic fruits
Citrus fruits are of different types, and they include; lemon and orange. They all contain a strong scent that can eliminate the gas smell in your hands and the rest of the body parts. Use citrus fruits, take a rind, massage it all over your hands, and ensure the smell covers the hands. After applying the rind on the hands, wash it off using a non-abrasive soap and thoroughly rinse it.
3. Coconut oil
To use coconut oil, pour it on your hands and rub it carefully. Ensure all parts are covered and leave it for some time to sit. Clean it off using a recommended cleaning agent. If accessing coconut oil is expensive, consider using other natural remedies such as vegetable oil and sugar that are cheaper.
5. Using vinegar
To use vinegar, use the following steps:
- Pour a few drops of vinegar mixture on your hands.
- Leave the mixture to sit on the hands for a couple of seconds, approximately 30 seconds, to allow the vinegar to break down the gas bonds eliminating the smell.
- Wash the hands to remove all gas smell and vinegar smell from the hands using a non-abrasive soap.
- Rinse the hands to ensure all gas and vinegar smells are eliminated.
- Apply oil to keep hands moisturized and free from cracks.
6. Using alcohol
Alcohol is essential since it has a strong smell that can quickly eliminate the gas smell from the hands. There is limited alcohol you can use to clean the hands, such as vodka and rubbing alcohol. Pour a little amount of vodka on the hands and massage it for some time. Leave the mixture to sit for approximately 35 to 60 seconds. Using non-abrasive soap, wash the alcohol off and rinse it off using clean water.
The best way of getting rid of the gas smell from the hands, especially for people with allergies, is by using natural remedies such as coconut oil since the natural ones have no chemicals that can react with the hands and harm them. Sometimes, the methods above may fail to get rid of the gas smell from the hands.
In conclusion, contact the manufacturer to recommend the best washing detergent to quickly eliminate the hands’ smell. Also, avoid using the detergents in large quantities as they can affect your hands or any other body part with the gas smell. Finally, wear protective clothing when handling such gases.